Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Through Stained Glass: A Mid-Week Reflection-Prayerful Ponderings


Time away has been good so far.

While it is not vacation, the education I’m gaining has been wonderful.

The space we our gathering in is beautiful. On the grounds are plenty of places to pray. I have utilized the labyrinth as well as the swing, which faces the woods. I’ve watched geese do what geese do and leaves fall gracefully to the ground.

When we aren’t learning about how we are ALL in some way or another in transition, we are sharing stories about the people we are away from.

On numerous occasions I’ve found myself talking about you all and the family of faith we are. My colleagues can’t seem to get past my agebut I assure them I’m 31 and have had some life experiences that have equipped me for pastoral ministry.

They aren’t convinced but they are grateful that someone young is interested in transitional ministry.

We are preparing now to discuss change and the importance of self-care. Two topics I know I am in need of learning more about. Change is hard. Change is inevitable. Change is not bad. Change, as Sam Cooke says, ‘gonna come

In the silences between the meetings and discussion groups, amidst worship and daily prayer, I find myself in prayer.

You, beloved friend, whether we are best friends or barely know each other, I prayed for you.

I prayed that the love of God would warm your heart.

I pray Christ’s mercy heals your heart.

I will continue to pray the Holy Spirit inspires your heart.

Time away has been so good. There is so much to be excited about. The temptation is to look at all the negative places and remain there. Thankfully God is present amidst it all.

May you remember you are God’s beloved. May you know Christ presence within. May you allow the Spirit to shine through youthe way light shines through stained glass!

Peace friends.


Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment