Friday, September 18, 2026

Through Stained Glass: Thursday Thoughts on a Friday Afternoon


As many of you know, I love marking time with the changing seasons. On Tuesday, we move from Summer to Fall, and we will have an equal amount of daylight and darkness. I find these threshold moments the perfect opportunity to reflect on God’s presence in my life, give thanks for where I have been, and lean into God’s wisdom as I move into whatever comes next.

At Kirk Night, we took time to reflect on the summer months, asking ourselves, “What fruit of God’s love did you experience in abundance this summer?” and “What aspects of nature or the changing seasons are you grateful for?” A gratitude practice like this helps us remember that life is a gift and that God is with us. A daily, intentional attitude of gratitude will keep our hands open to expect, allow, and receive life at ever-deeper levels of satisfaction—but never to think we deserve it.

We also reflected on questions that help us prepare for the gradual approach of darkness in the latter part of the year. As summer transitions to fall, consider what you are ready to release. As nights lengthen, what dreams are seeking to surface within you? Change is unavoidable and inherent in our human nature. Whatever your answers, remember that God is with you, and you have the strength and courage to face whatever lies ahead.

With each new day and season, I strive to stay attentive to God’s presence, which calls me not only to change but also to grow. While change is unavoidable, growth remains a choice. I hope to embody a way of being that allows Love to uplift and guide me back to my Original Name. God has given us this life to embrace and collaborate with the Spirit in building the Beloved Community. We are God’s artwork—just like the Maple trees soon to burst with vibrant reds and oranges! Let us remain open to whom God’s Spirit is shaping us to become, and give thanks for the blessings God gives to us.



No comments:

Post a Comment